The Authority has a Clothing Drop Off Box at the EcoDrop Utica and EcoDrop Rome for the delivery of used clothing, shoes, sneakers, belts, purses, blankets, sheets, drapes, pillowcases and stuffed animals for donation. All materials/items must be dropped off in plastic bags.
Find the nearest Drop-Off Location for textiles recycling and donation.
Acceptable items for recycling include:
- Old Clothes - all items should be clean and dry.
- All Footwear
- Accessories such as hats, gloves, scarves, pocketbooks, duffle bags, belts and ties
- Linens: sheets, blankets, comforters, towels, throw rugs, draperies, table linens
- Stuffed Animals
The following drop off locations will also accept the items listed above:
- Bridgewater - Bridgewater Congregational Church
- Boonville - Boonville Alliance Church
- Chadwicks - St. Patrick's/St. Anthony's Catholic Church
- Clinton - Life in Christ Family Church
- Herkimer - First United Methodist Church
- Marcy - Assembly of God
- New Hartford - New Hartford First UMC
- New Hartford - St. John the Evangelist Church
- Rome - New Day Foursquare Gospel Church
- Rome - Rome Rescue Mission
- Sauquoit - Sauquoit Valley United Methodist Church
- Utica - Living Stones Church
- Utica - Our Lady of Lourdes
- Utica - Utica Rescue Mission & Holy Trinity Church
- Utica - West Schuyler United Methodist Church
- Vernon - Church of the Holy Family
- Verona - Church of Our Lady of Good Counsel
- Whitesboro - Trinity United Methodist Church
- West Winfield - St. Joseph's Church
In addition, the First Presbyterian Church located at 1605 Genesee Street, Utica, NY accepts clothing donations for those in need. Donations are accepted at the church every Wednesday morning.
The Veteran's Outreach Center located at 726 Washington Street in Utica will also accept clothing and other household items for donation. More Information
The Authority has joined a statewide textile recovery campaign titled "ReClothe NY" to recover unwanted clothing and textiles for recycling. Find More Information about textile recycling programs in New York State.