The Oneida-Herkimer Solid Waste Authority (Authority) is pleased to announce that Alder Creek Beverages, LLC located at 1 Nirvana Plaza in Forestport has obtained the Authority’s RecycleOne Business Certification.
Alder Creek Beverages is a bottler of natural spring water. This company owns 1,700 acres with two aquifers and five springs. Their pristine location and unique geology provides them with an endless flow of fresh spring water.
The RecycleOne Business Certification requires an on-site review from Authority staff to verify that specific solid waste management, recycling and energy reduction criteria have been achieved. If the criteria have been achieved, the Authority will issue the facility or business an official RecycleOne Business Certification.
Some of Alder Creek’s sustainable efforts include:
- Developing an aggressive recycling program
- Implementing waste reduction and energy efficient policies and practices
- Forming an active Green Team
- Engaging employees on environmental issues and healthy lifestyle choices
- Working with suppliers to reduce environmental impacts
- Manufacturing of water bottles on-site with minimal amounts of plastic resin
- Bottling of water directly on-site
- The use of BPA-free, eco-friendly water bottles
- Proper recycling of electronics, light bulbs, toner cartridges and batteries
“Alder Creek Beverages is committed to an eco-friendly approach in every step of their single source production. The staff at Alder Creek Beverages have done an outstanding job and are very deserving of this certification,” concluded Emily Albright, Authority Director of Recycling.
Recycling in the workplace not only helps the environment, but can be economically advantageous by allowing for lower costs for waste removal and possible revenues from recycling. The program also encourages social responsibility, positive public response and sustainability.
For more information on the Authority’s RecycleOne Business Recycling Program, contact Emily Albright, Director of Recycling, at (315) 733-1224 Ext. 1600 or visit www.RecycleOneBusiness.com to download the RecycleOne Business Recycling Program Guide.