Place in Trash
Drop Off Recycling
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
Residents may deliver paint to our EcoDrop on Leland Ave in Utica for recycling and proper disposal at no charge.
Residents may deliver paint to our EcoDrop on Leland Ave in Utica for recycling and proper disposal at no charge. This type of waste is only accepted from April - September.
EMPTY PAINT CANS should be placed in your regular garbage with the lid removed.
Households are only allowed to drop off 14 wet gallons and/or 20 dry pounds per trip.
Please consider donating old paint to Oneida County Habitat for Humanity's ReStore where the paint can be reused. For more information, please click here.
If you are unable to deliver your paint to our facility, please remove the lid, mix the paint with a substance such as cat litter or paint drying crystals and allow the paint to dry up. Then, place the paint can in your garbage without the lid.
If your paint can contains a small amount of paint, please remove the lid, let the air dry up the paint and place in your trash without the lid.
Our EcoDrop in Utica gives you the opportunity to dispose of many unused, unwanted, or outdated products. The following are acceptable materials:
- Oil-based & latex paints
- Paint thinners
- Chemistry sets
- Cleaning solvents & degreasers
- Drain cleaners
- Furniture stripper
- Insecticides & pesticides (including those banned, such as DDT and Chlordane)
- Oven cleaners
- Photographic chemicals
- Pool chemicals
- Rust preventatives & removers
- Unusable gasoline
- Wood preservatives
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- **All household batteries
- **Automobile & motorcycle batteries
- **Sharps (syringes and lancets)
- **Cooking oil & grease from deep fryers
- **Motor oil
- **Oil filters
- **Empty propane cylinders (under 100 lbs.)
- **Computer equipment (monitors, CPUs, printers, toner, ink cartridges)
** Material Accepted Year-Round