Saturday, October 28th is the Drug Enforcement Administration's "Drug Take Back Day."
On Saturday October 28th, police agencies throughout Oneida and Herkimer Counties will be hosting collection events for unwanted or expired prescription drugs from 10 AM - 2 PM.
- Rome Police Department - North James Street, Rome
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office - Judd Road, Whitestown
- Herkimer County Sheriff's Office - Main Street, Herkimer
- Dolgeville Police Department - Main Street, Dolgeville
- Village of Frankfort Police Department - Orchard Street, Frankfort
- Herkimer Police Department - Green Street, Herkimer
- Ilion Police Department - First Street, Ilion
- Little Falls Police Department - Main Street, Little Falls
These events do not include the collection of needles or liquids. View More Information on how to properly dispose of sharps (syringes, lancets).
If you cannot attend a collection event, you can view a list of PERMANENT drop-off locations for unwanted or expired pharmaceuticals. These permanent drop-off locations accept pharmaceuticals for proper disposal year-round, at no charge.