Village of Waterville
Residents who want to recycle bulky rigid plastic items can recycle them through the Village of Waterville Curbside Recycling Program on the first Wednesday of every month along with any electronic waste.
What: Bulky rigid plastics are hard plastic items (not film or flexible plastic).
Examples of Bulky Rigid Plastic That Are Accepted
- Plastic beverage crates (i.e., milk/soda/beverage crates)
- Clean plastic drums, totes, and empty garbage cans – all sizes
- Clean plastic buckets/pails – all sizes
(metal handle acceptable)
- Plastic toys (i.e., playhouses)
- Plastic tool and gun cases
- Plastic plant/propagation trays and flower pots
- Plastic pallets and shelving
- Plastic laundry baskets Plastic lawn furniture
- Plastic pet carriers
- Plastic cat litter containers
- Plastic recycling bins & carts
- Large plastic water jugs (1-5 gallon)
Why: Recycling bulky rigid plastics allows the old plastic to be substituted for virgin plastic in the manufacturing of new plastic products which saves raw materials, energy, and landfill space.
Examples of Bulky Rigid Plastics Accepted
Non-Acceptable Plastic Items:
- Plastic bags
- Plastic film (i.e., stretch film and other flexible packaging)
- Plastic appliances
- Vinyl siding
- Water hoses
- Toys with circuit boards or battery packs
- Pool/chemical containers
- Driveway sealant containers
- Paint cans
- Motor oil containers
- Car bumpers
When the Transfer Station is closed, please utilize the Oneida Herkimer Solid Waste Authority.