Town of Kirkland
Open May through October.
HOURS OF OPERATION FOR 2021 - TBD
Dates Of Exception:
- July 4th
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Labor Day Weekend
Materials will be accepted from Town of Kirkland residents or construction companies doing work for them only. Sign in is required for each trip, with a limit of five (5) visits per year for wood, trash, construction or roofing materials. Although there will be someone on duty to direct distribution of items into proper containers each date of operation, this is a self-unloading operation. Permission to unload must be given by one of the workers. Charges for construction/roofing materials, wood and trash are listed below. Concrete, hard fill, wood and green material disposal is available but in a separate area. Workers will give directions.
- Metal: Appliances—Bicycles—Mowers—Pipe, etc. ·
- Electronics: Computer Hardware, Cell Phones, Printers, Camcorders
- Hard Fill: Wood—Concrete—Glass Windows—Rocks—Bricks & Pallets, etc.
- Mixed/Non-Recyclable: Rugs—Household Fixtures, etc.
- Batteries: Cars—Trucks—Lawn Mowers— Yard Tractors
- Bulky Rigid Plastic: rigid plastic items (Plastic playsets, Plastic pallets and shelving Plastic laundry baskets Plastic lawn furniture Plastic pet carriers, etc.) that cannot be recycled through the curbside recycling program can deliver them to the Town of Kirkland Transfer Station FREE OF CHARGE
- Cardboard boxes: accepted only if transporting mixed non-recyclable items. Your trash hauler must dispose of all other cardboard.
Bagged Materials Must Be In Clear Bags. Green Waste Material Must Be In Biodegradable Bags.
Items Not Accepted:
- Spray Cans
- Household Garbage
- Recyclables such as cardboard, plastic containers, and glass
For more information call: (315) 853-5082 ext. 203
When the Transfer Station is closed, please utilize the Oneida Herkimer Solid Waste Authority.