Bulky Rigid Plastics Drop-Off
Residents who want to recycle bulky, rigid plastic items that cannot be recycled through the curbside recycling program can deliver them to the Authority's Utica and Rome EcoDrops during regular business hours, free of charge.
EXAMPLES OF BULKY RIGID PLASTICS ACCEPTED
- Plastic beverage crates (i.e. milk/soda/beverage crates)
- Clean plastic drums, totes and empty garbage cans (all sizes)
- Clean plastic buckets/pails (all sizes - metal handle acceptable)
- Plastic toys (i.e. playhouses)
- Plastic tool and gun cases
- Plastic plant/propagation trays and flower pots
- Plastic pallets and shelving
- Plastic laundry baskets
- Plastic lawn furniture
- Plastic pet carriers
- Plastic cat litter containers
- Plastic recycling bins & carts
- Large plastic water jugs (1-5 gallon)
BULKY RIGID PLASTICS CANNOT BE MIXED WITH OTHER PLASTIC RECYCLABLES.
DO NOT PLACE BULKY RIGID PLASTICS WITH YOUR CURBSIDE SET-OUT RECYCLABLES.
NON-ACCEPTABLE PLASTIC ITEMS
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic film (i.e. stretch film and other flexible packaging)
- Plastic appliances
- Vinyl siding
- Water hoses
- Toys with circuit boards or battery packs
- Pool/chemical containers
- Driveway sealant containers
- Paint cans
- Motor oil containers
- Car bumpers
Bulky Rigid Plastics are also currently being accepted at the following locations, at no charge:
- Town of Floyd Transfer Station
- Town of Kirkland Transfer Station
- Town of Schuyler Transfer Station
- Village of Boonville Transfer Station
- Village of Clinton is collecting bulky rigid plastics at the curb every Wednesday throughout the year. Do not place items at the curb prior to 5:00 PM on Tuesday.
In addition, some municipalities that hold "Spring Cleanups" and "Dumpster Days" will have bulky rigid plastics collection. Please contact your municipality for more information.