Total Landfill Site Area
995 acres of the site are used for visual screening, snowmobile trails and wetland mitigation.
102 acres of the site are used for access roads, maintenance/office buildings, leachate tanks/pump station, sediment control basins and stormwater detention basins.
- 150 acres of the site will be used for the disposal of waste over the estimated 76 year life of the landfill.
- Underlain by deep tight soils.
- Dual composite liner system constructed beneath all areas of the footprint that will provide collection of leachate (water that has come in contact with waste), and protection of groundwater resources.
- All areas of the footprint will be capped with a protection layer after reaching final elevations.
- A landfill gas collection system will be installed throughout footprint.